|1. The name of the Corporation shall be, as stated in the Articles of Incorporation, as follows: The Primitive
Methodist National Mission Board.
Board of Directors
2. There shall be at least 10 and not more than 15 directors who shall be elected by the Primitive Methodist
3. Directors shall serve for a period of six years or until their successors are elected.
4. One-third of the Directors shall be elected bi-annually.
5. Vacancies occurring before the normal expiration of a term may be filled for the remainder of the term by the
remaining members of the Board.
6. The Primitive Methodist Conference shall elect the Director and Treasurer from members of the Board. (The
Director and Treasurer may be the same person).
7. Other officers, including a Secretary and Vice-President, shall be elected by the Board at their annual
8. The Board shall meet at least semi-annually; preferably once in the Spring and again in the Fall. These will be
stated meetings. Special meetings may be called by the President with a 15 day written notification.
9. Board members present will constitute a quorum at all stated meetings.
10. The Executive Committee shall meet between Board meetings to carry out the actions of the Board. An officer
of the Trustee Board and other Conference Boards may be invited to attend the meetings.
11. The Executive Committee of the Board will consist of the President, Director-Treasurer, Financial Treasurer,
Field Representative, and two lay representatives.
12. The Executive Committee will act in the intervals between Board meetings to execute the program of the
Board. It will give leadership to the entire ministry of the church’s outreach.
13. There may be other committees such as: Finance Committee, Survey Committee and Promotion Committee.
14. The Board of National Missions shall function according to the discipline of the Primitive Methodist Church.
15. The Board will make an annual report to the Conference of the Primitive Methodist Church.
16. The purchase of all property (transfer or sale) shall be approved by Conference Trustee Board.
17. The formation and signing of all legal documents shall be approved by the Conference Trustee Board and
18. The President, Treasurer and Secretary shall be empowered to execute documents under the corporate seal.
19. The Board of National Missions will work within the following Districts of the Conference: (1) Eastern-New
England States. (2) Wyoming-Northeastern, Pa., Eastern N.Y., Northern N.J. (3) Schuylkill-Southeastern, Pa., Southern,
N.J., Delaware, Maryland. (4) Pittsburgh-Western, Pa., Western N.Y., Ohio and West Virginia. (5) Western-Indiana,
Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa. (6) Southern-Florida, Georgia (7) Mission-all territories outside the above
20. Each District will be entitled to appoint two representatives who with the District members of the Board and
the District Superintendent will form a District Committee. The committee will act as a liaison between the Board and
the District to insure harmonious and effective administration. The committee will be on the lookout for areas of
potential church outreach and report same to the Board for consideration and action.
These by-laws may be amended by a majority vote of the Directors present at a meeting after notice of said amendment in
the notice of the meeting.